As announced a few weeks ago, Microsoft has now officially launched its latest release Dynamics NAV 2017 on the market. According to Microsoft, the new version of the ERP system puts the worlds of NAV and Office 365 closer together, enhances the platform in different areas and creates completely new opportunities with various apps and Extensions.
With the release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017, users and developers have now the following new functions, enhancements and improvements available:
- Linked directly to Office 365 for easier navigation between Dynamics NAV and Office applications, such as Outlook or Excel as well as Power BI integration
- Numerous functional enhancements in Financial Management and E-Everything (e.g. improvement of OCR services, cash flow, financial reports, faster payment of invoices thanks to integrated links to payment services such as PayPal and simplified creation of account categories)
- Integration of Cortana Intelligence for the specific analysis and use of business data and generation of intelligent forecasts and decision making – calculated by powerful machine learning
- Enhanced user experience due to numerous web, app, and phone client improvements as well as Smart Notifications, which guide users through processes relevant to the context and an Assisted Setup Wizard, which supports the setting up and importing of data, besides other things
- Improved CRM integration through simplified usage within Dynamics NAV and enhanced CRM functions
- Simplified categorization, management and filtering of articles by allocating article attributes and enhancing sales documents
- Many new options for users thanks to helpful extensions that are provided by the already rolled out AppSource (e.g. Quick Box and PayPal)
- Numerous other new features, such as the integration of Power Apps to create and publish streamlined apps and Microsoft Flow to link various cloud-based data and services as well as many enhancements for developers (e.g. additional object types)
You will soon be able to obtain detailed information regarding the feature highlights mentioned and many other new functions in Dynamics NAV 2017 in our new Dynamics NAV 2017 blog series.
On November 1st, Microsoft also released its new cloud-based business solution Dynamics 365 on the basis of Dynamics NAV 2017 in North America and Canada. We will keep you informed about its content and differences to the “traditional” NAV.