The February version of the data visualization software Qlik Sense has arrived! With the new release Qlik reacts to the wishes of many users with new features.
After the big success of the Dashboard Bundle provided in the November version, Qlik now adds a new Visualization Bundle. The comprehensive package includes seven more visualization types that were previously only available as Qlik Extensions via the open source community. For upcoming releases, Qlik has announced a continuation of its enhancement package strategy. In addition, users can look forward to an improved user interface – also in the mobile area – as well as new advanced authoring features.
New Visualization Bundle
With the new visualization package, Qlik Sense February 2019 again offers several new diagram types, which greatly expand the possibilities of data visualization:
- Funnel chart – to display the progression of a measure over different stages.
- Sankey chart – shows measures as a flow and how they are divided into categories (single- or multi-level).
- Radar chart – shows a measure distributed over a polar chart with two category dimensions (one for the axes and one for areas).
- Heat Map – represents a matrix of color values with two dimensions and a measure.
- Multi KPI Object – equips standard KPI objects with more customization options.
- Word Cloud – highlights the most common occurrences in text dimensions.
- Network chart – shows a diagram with dimensions for nodes, parents and measures.
Improved user interface
Advanced authoring features
With the February version, the advanced authoring features will also be further expanded. For example, the new “Share Button” allows the sharing of insights and explicit selections / filters via a direct link. The expression editor has also been equipped with a new dollar sign expansion functionality to evaluate calculation results and thus reduce the risk of syntax errors.
More mobility with Qlik Sense
The version Qlik Sense February 2019 was also improved in terms of mobility. The Qlik Sense Mobile App is now also available for Android devices. The iOS version now also supports mashups. Furthermore, the functions in the EMM (Enterprise Mobile Management) area have been expanded by the support of the fast-growing EMM platform Microsoft Intune. The new Zimperium integration will provide more mobile security in the future.
You can also find a summary of “What’s New” for Qlik Sense February 2019 on YouTube: